Add your listing
Discover, research and reserve the world’s best spearfishing trips!
How It Works
Premium charters with seasoned experts who know their stuff.
1/2 Day Private Dive Maui Island
Top Shot Spearfishing
This is the ultimate fishin' mission. 7-8AM start time, location to be determined. If you are new to spearfishing we start the day with our Intro class, where you will learn all the
basics of spearfishing. If you're an experienced Spearo we skip the intro and jump right in the water. We will select the very best dive location on the island of Maui with the guidance of expert spearo Jeremy Selg. We don't just limit this dive to West Maui, this is no holds barred, pull out all the stops and find the best diving location for your experience level. From start to finish this will absolutely be the experience of a lifetime. This dive is open to our guests who are brand new to spearfishing and also experienced spearos.
RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
• All guests MUST have experience swimming. Guests MUST be able to snorkel for 2hrs +.
• Guests with serious neck, back, or joint injuries or chronic heart problems or claustrophobia should use their own discretion about their capabilities to safely participate in this activity. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that anyone with who has had recent surgery, especially on ankles, knees or their back, not participate in this excursion. Although we try to always make our guests comfortable both physically and mentally, some degree of impact on joints or some degree of customer anxiety about spearfishing is unavoidable.
RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
• All guests are REQUIRED to sign a release and waiver of liability prior to participation.
• Guests MUST be 14 years or older, all guests under 18 must have a legal guardian sign for them.
• NO pregnant guests
• If you are booking on behalf of another person or group, it is your responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions.
Mokohinau Islands Spearfishing
Ocean Diversity Sea Adventures
Huge schools of pelagic fish, 25 kilo plus Kingfish, Abundant Crayfish, 25 metres plus visibility, a remote location resulting in more abundance of marine life.
This small group of rugged islands lie about 100 km northeast of Auckland and 25 km northwest of Great Barrier Island. The remoteness of these islands means less pressure from the mainland resulting in an explosion of marine life to see with up to 40 meters visibility underwater! A diverse range of underwater and above water terrain means there’s something for everyone – snorkelers, SCUBA Divers, spearfishers and scenic boat-based tours.
The Mokohinau Islands (called Pokohinu by Maori) are a taonga (treasure) with many special places and are pest free. Visiting these islands is like travelling back in time – truly stunning and a wide range of native birdlife on the islands make for some great atmosphere when anchored up in the bays. You can learn heaps more about these islands by coming out on a charter with us!
Oceandiversity Spearfishing and Take Rules:
Targeted species include (but not limited to) Kingfish, Snapper, Scallops, Boar Fish, Kahawai, Butterfish, Trevally and Crayfish.
Oceandiversity have self-imposed limits to protect the underwater habitat in which they occupy:
1 Kingfish per person
NO Red Moki
Blue Water Spearfishing
For experienced or intermediate spearfishermen this full day tour is the ultimate underwater adventure and the hunting experience of a life time. Targeted species include tuna, marlin,
wahoo, dorado and other pelagics. For beginners, we recommend doing at least one day of Reef Spearfishing before trying your luck at Bluewater.
There’s always a new destination waiting for you… keep exploring!
Search more destinations
Meet the experts
There’s so much ocean to explore
See what we’re all about at Spearotrips.com
Host your own spearfishing charters
List your charters with us for free, and connect with passionate spearo's everywhere.
Join our spearfishing community
There’s a lot going on out there. We’ll keep you up to date.
Terms of Service
How it Works